12 February 2011

The Herb Farm

 The Herb Farm is a local business that grows medicinal herbs and makes various therapeutic products along with shampoos, lotions etc. Elka and I went out there yesterday and had lunch at the cafe. They have pitchers of ice water with Mexican Marigold infusing in them, organic coffee and numerous delicious lunch items made using things from the garden. I had spinach and feta quiche. 
After lunch we toured the gardens. They had little plaques in front of different plants that described its traditional and medicinal uses. This little shed was being used to dry bunches of lavender.

And here is yesterday's harvest from my own herb garden...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary

My dad and I traveled to Honolulu for the 75th anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. The whole week was to be filled with activities ...