28 July 2011

how the grinch stole romance

I was just perusing a facebook page of a wedding photographer that takes some strange pictures and they had posted a little plaque that said, "the wedding ring is worn on the left ring finger because it's the only finger with a vein that connects to the heart". People were fawning all over it but, being the flowery romantic that I am, I thought, "that's ridiculous."

So I found an illustration from a human anatomy text of the vasculature of the human hand:

posted it under their plaque photo and wrote, "yea, not so much."

In other news, I read an article about this guy that took at least one photo every day of his life for 18 years and I thought, "what an excellent chronicle that would be" so I'm going to try and do that.
I know, I know, "there is do or do not, there is no try". But really, there is a try. It's in the intention to do something. I will probably not end up taking a photo every day for an extended period of time, but would it really work in this context for me to say, "I thought 'what an excellent chronicle that would be' so I'm not going to do that."?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary

My dad and I traveled to Honolulu for the 75th anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. The whole week was to be filled with activities ...