18 February 2010

Just an update: I'm back in NZ and will be starting up classes this coming Monday. I'm also moving out of my house and into another one that will hopefully be better situated in terms of break ins and loud neighbors with free range pit bulls.
That will be the 2nd week in March, I'll post photos of the new digs when I'm moved in.


I spoke to one of the people that works on the vet selection process and she believes that if I keep up the grades that I got last semester, then I'll be in selection range for the vet programme this time, which is good news. Everybody keep your fingers crossed!


Earlier this week, I went camping with some friends. They found an amazing black sand beach in Turakina that is pretty much deserted most of the time, so we decided to escape down there for a bit before the scholastic marathon begins. We had a great time and are now considering throwing over the New Zealand Beer Festival for more camping next month. Here are a few snapshots. Couldn't really capture the scenery in all of its desolate magnificence:
 
 


Liz and Chris's pet hyena


 
Lauren's dog Tahi (my tent mate)


Paying homage to Lauren's motherland on the partybus for sale at the campground


  
Fire ban prevented campfire....but not s'mores (plus Liz's foot, which was happily obliged to be in on the s'mores photo shoot)

1 comment:

Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary

My dad and I traveled to Honolulu for the 75th anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. The whole week was to be filled with activities ...