28 July 2009

Some beach between Otaki and Wellington (to the tune of "When you get caught between the moon and new york city"...I know you're singing it in your head to see if it works)

Out for a daytrip down to the "outlet" shops in Otaki (it's not what you think. It's never what you think)...disappointed, we decided to drive down to Welly to have dinner. But instead we drove down to Welly and had martinis at the Matterhorn and then went to an auction for the Women's Refuge of Wellington where I bid (unsuccessfully) on a spa package and Elka won tickets to the NZ Symphony. Her friend works for the Refuge, so we stayed and had mojitos, THEN we had dinner. Then we came home. Wellington is so much cooler than here. Nice that it's only a couple of hours away.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary

My dad and I traveled to Honolulu for the 75th anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. The whole week was to be filled with activities ...