06 April 2009

Camera card has broken and I'm contemplating trading up to a snazzier point & shoot, to accommodate my voyeuristic tendencies, so no photos for a teeny bit. But I'll create a mental picture for you:
Me, sitting in an empty living room, save the small table, two chairs and a tv. School debris litters the floor, flash cards from various classes, lab manuals, an empty water bottle, a book of matches, a phone book, a cat. The sun has disappeared below the horizon but the brilliant blue and puffy white of the day still remain, reflecting the pink of dusk. A gentle breeze blows the curtains back and forth and Debussy plays softly as I scribble on flashcards for my next midterm. Then...
BRRRRRRRMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHH-VVVVVVVMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRK!
My redneck neighbors decide to take their modified subaru wagon out for a spin... with the clear intent of waking everything in Christendom (is this still Christendom?) that may have been dozing off...or even zoning out.
Ahhhh, suburbia.

Hope you're all doing well, I've been missing you all and looking forward to when I can visit (December. sigh.) but for now I'm forging ahead and carving out a place for myself here, loving the new adventure...most days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pearl Harbor 75th Anniversary

My dad and I traveled to Honolulu for the 75th anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor. The whole week was to be filled with activities ...