Just got out of Cells Biology, it was like...a pleasant chaser after a shot of bad whisky, for lack of a better analogy. The bad whisky being Chemistry. I love Chemistry as a subject, but have a lot of catching up and brushing up to deal with. This weekend will involve trying to organize my time and catch up on subjects that have gotten a bit rusty. It will also include re-connecting with the....
KITTIES! They're out of jail tomorrow and we will be reunited, where they'll get to explore their new home. Aw.
This weekend also holds a trip to the windfarm
(largest in the southern hemisphere!)that looms over our city and a visit to a local resident's home, via Operation Friendship, a group of local people that work to embrace the international contingent here at Massey.
The other day, as I was walking home, I came upon a hedgehog that was taking itself for a walk.
(I didn't take that photo)A cat had spotted it and was stalking it down a driveway. It was one of those things where you just smile and a spring appears in your step as you marvel at the world and its intricacies. Or at least I do.
There seem to be an inordinate amount of banana peels on sidewalks here. It creates a sort of chicken and egg situation in my head, which came first, the gag or the actual deal? (Obviously I have a lot of time alone to think about these and other important issues)
I was watching something the other day and a line stuck with me: "What I must do is all that concerns me, not what people think."
I like that. It takes a lot of the power away from others and puts it on yourself. I was thinking that I don't know what it would feel like to want this more than I do, but I'm concerned because I don't seem to have this level of fervor that I feel should go along with it. Maybe it's just being displaced right now by nerves and doubt...or maybe as I get older, fervor turns more to ambition.
Just as a housekeeping note, if you want to communicate with me through this blog, through comments, but you don't want others to see it, just let me know in the comment (I have to approve things before they're posted) and I won't publish it.
I also apologize for any spelling errors in this post, the browser at school doesn't spellcheck and some things might have slipped through.
Hope you're all doing well and thawing out. :)
Hi Abby - That's a wonderful quote. How are you feeling now that you have Princess Olive, Peeping Sparky (I miss him at my window!!!), and shy Calvin? XO, Cheryl
ReplyDelete